Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver!

4 posters

Go down

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Empty You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver!

Post by FerretFox41 Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:58 pm

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 448You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 135You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 474

Introduction: One day, as I sat there, being bored, I pondered a thought: Why does Bibarel suck so badly? I tried to think of reasons. I mean, the little autistic beaver has a somewhat good movepool, he has some pretty good abilities, and he has decent stats. So why does everyone hate him? Sure, he looks like a retarded version of Monty Mole (who already looks pretty stupid, I must say), and he has the most idiotic cry I've ever heard, but that doesn't mean he deserves to have to drink all the Hatorade. So, I thought up a team for it.

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 2h5tgjl

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Th_BatonPassTeamBuilderPicture

Team Building Process:
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400
Well, in order to have a team about Bibarel, I needed to, well, have a Bibarel on the team. So, I put a Bibarel on the team, Choice Band set, but with a Life Orb instead.

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400
OK, so... Bibarel has the abillity Simple. To capitalize on that, I want to Baton Pass it both Speed and Attack. What better than Gliscor, with Rock Polish, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass? Nothing, nothing better.

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400
Next, I needed a Pokemon to start off with. I'm using the basic Speed Boost-only Ninjask, which is great. I can get to +2 Speed, then pass to Gliscor, who can Swords Dance, then pass to Bibarel. It might be a little longer than just doing it all with Ninjask, but I like it better than using Swords Dance on it, because I can stop Trick.

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 135
I needed a Special sweeping passer, so I put in Jolteon. With Charge Beam and Agility, it's pretty solid. Hidden Power [Grass] helps stop Swampert from ruining everything.

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 135You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 474
After that, I needed a good sweeper for Jolteon to pass to. In my opinion, nothing is better than PorygonZ, with 135 Special Attack. I used a basic set, and it proved itself well.

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 400You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 448You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 135You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 474
After that, I looked for another physical sweeper in case Bibarel died. So, what's better than Lucario? I don't feel anything is. Very Happy

In-depth Look At The Team:

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 291
Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Bug- X-Scissor
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Baton Pass
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Substitute
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Protect

The epic Baton Pass lead. Protect stops Trick leads from Tricking a Choice Scarf to it, and then, when it's at +1, it outspeeds and sets up a Sub, forcing a switch. Then, it Baton Passes out to Gliscor.
---

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 472
Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/60 Spd/196 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Rock- Rock Polish
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Swords Dance
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Dark- Taunt

This is my setting up beast. He's bulky enough to be able to get in both a Swords Dance and a Rock Polish before being killed, then, at triple speed, he's quick enough to Baton Pass out to Bibarel, who can then proceed to sweep. I'm considering going against the flow and giving him Earthquake over Taunt, because while laddering on Shoddy, I got to a 1-1 situation where my opponent's Heatran was locked into Earth Power, and neither of us could do anything. It lead to my opponent and I both exiting out out of rage.
---

Bibarel (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Return
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Water- Waterfall
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Fighting- Superpower
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Quick Attack

The main sweeper of my team. This guy is way better than most people think. With Simple, he turns a Swords Dance and an Agility into two of both, putting him at +4 Speed and +4 Attack, which kills most things. Superpower kills of Blissey, Waterfall kills of Bronzong, and Return kills off pretty much everything else that needs killing off. Quick Attack is to stop Pokemon with Priority from killing me.
---

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 448
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 448
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Fighting- Close Combat
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Dark- Crunch
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Extremespeed
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Steel- Bullet Punch

Since it's inevitable that Bibarel will at least once die, I need another Pokemon that I could pass to if needed. What better than Lucario? He's one of the best Pokemon in the game, and this is no different. Extremespeed gives me priority, Crunch for Psychics, Bullet Punch for STAB priority, and Close Combat for a really powerful kill move.
---

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 135
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 135
Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Psychic- Agility
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Electric- Charge Beam
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Grass- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is my Special set-up. Charge Beam to get Special Attack boosts, then Agility and Baton Pass. If Swampert or Hippowdon switches in, then HP Grass. It's a pretty simple system.
---

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 474
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! 474
Porygon-Z @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Dark- Dark Pulse
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Ice- Ice Beam
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Fighting- Hidden Power [Fighting]
You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Normal- Tri Attack

This little cyber serial killer is one of my favorite Pokemon ever. Ice Beam takes care of Salamence, Dark Pulse takes care of Psychics, Hidden Power beats out Heatran, and Tri Attack is just EPIC. With Adaptability, Tri Attack is a 160 Base Power kill-shot. I took down a Blissey with three of them at +2, which is incredible, since, you know, Blissey is Blissey.
---

Final Look At The Team:

FerretFox41
FerretFox41

BP : 5153

http://www.uberleethax.worldgoo.com/

Back to top Go down

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Empty Re: You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver!

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:57 am

Woah dude! Awsome! I never though like that while making my team. I only search for good stats on Serebii, on which to EV train on Bulbapedia, Game Mechanics and that!
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

BP : 5182

https://www.youtube.com/dragonzekrom

Back to top Go down

You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver! Empty Re: You Just Got Swept... By A Freaking Beaver!

Post by ethan06 Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 am

This is C&Ped from the RMT you made in Marriland. Doesn't stop it being a kickass team though. NU Pokés in OU FTW! (I use TrickScarf Furret.)
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5680

Back to top Go down

Post by FerretFox41 Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Yeah, I post my teams wherever I can in order to get more rates and such.

@Zekrom: Well, that's not a good way to think about making teams. Look at Smogon's Strategy Pokedex. They list which Pokemon are used the most, with OU being the highest, and NU being the lowest. From there, they have specific listings of what a Pokemon should do, the Pokemon's base stats, and then every single move that the Pokemon can learn. They also have a bunch of articles that can teach you what makes up a good OU or UU team. If you haven't already seen it, I'd recommend you check it out.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

Back to top Go down

Post by Escaped Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Lookie lookie, I found a baton pass team. Usually baton pass teams are a 1 shot wonder. Now onto my criticism.

Stealth Rock should put a pretty nice dent on everything. Once Bibarel is out of the way, the baton passers will be weak in HP to even help Lucario.
And since Bibarel is the main focus... Skarmory. Either by attacking or by whirlwind.
The only down to Baton Pass is that when the next pokemon goes out there's a chance of an attack waiting for them.
The only real counter to Baton Pass is knowledge of it. That could also be said about Ninjask.

Lack of Rapid Spin.
Gliscor has no attacks (though I see you might go with EQ)
Is that a Yache Berry on a 4x on Ice Pokemon?
Like the Porygon-Z, hard to counter.
I see you like Pokemon that could sweep.

Bibarel doesn't suck, I use him efficiently in OU battles, but any Pokemon is a good candidate when it comes to a baton passing team.

Also I hate Bibarel, cause he's everywhere in the game. And how he looks. And because he's annoying. And his face.
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

BP : 5413

Back to top Go down

Post by FerretFox41 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 pm

And since Bibarel is the main focus... Skarmory. Either by attacking or by whirlwind.
Skarmory dies pretty easily to a +4 Waterfall, and there's a very slight chance of someone switching in Skarm and managin to get in a Whirlwind before Bibarel kills them off.

I'm thinking I do need to change the moveset on Gliscor, but that'll have to wait, sadly. My computer broke, so I'm using my dad's. He won't let me download Shoddy.

Also, I haven't seemed to have many problems with Stealth Rock. And I've used this team around 200 times laddering on Shoddy.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum