Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival

2 posters

Go down

Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival Empty Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival

Post by Escaped Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:57 pm

(no clue if this is a right spot, couldn't see a better fitting)

I searched far and wide to find a set that would make the beloved Glaceon more useful. I tried to make her a Sp Atk sweeper for her impressive Special Attack, but that didn't do, cause she didn't have that much good Sp Attacks other than Shadow ball and Ice Beam/Blizzard. Started to think when all of a sudden maybe a support or stall for toxic stall teams.

Glaceon Calm w/ Occa Berry or Leftover
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp Def (might need to adjust the EV)
- Barrier
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

With Wish and Protect you could stall a bit and on the way setting up Barrier to make Wish heal up to 100% HP much easier. Just gotta find the perfect opening to use Barrier at least once and you'll be all set to Wish and Protect as a Physical Wall.

------------

- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

Healing other pokemon is a Cleric's job and I don't see any other pokemon that could heal party's status, heal other party members, and heal itself in 1 moveset other than Delcatty, and Chimecho, but their stats are just horrible. (Smeargle doesn't count [his stats are horrible too])

------------

- Barrier / Curse (preferring Barrier better)
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

Just like the first set, but replacing Protect for Baton Pass to pass defense, might not be that good since Glaceon's Speed is 65, but on a Baton Pass team, it might do some good. Sure Scizor or Vaporeon could baton pass Def, but can Scizor use Wish, and can Vaporeon use Aqua Ring, Substitue, Wish, Acid Armor in 1 set? Very Happy
I rather like Barrier over Curse, cause survival % is more higher.

Ice Beam / Blizzard is an added bonus with it's Sp Atk. Choosing Blizzard if there's hail out. Don't really need to put EV on Sp Atk if you're going after a pokemon that's 4x on Ice, such as Salamence, Gliscor, Dragonite, and even Garchomp!

Leftover is always the recommended item, but I also think Occa Berry is a nice item too for Glaceon. Using it to get rid of one of the most common types out there leaving just 3 weaknesses for Glaceon. The other berries might be useful too, but I get attacked with fire moves when Glaceon is out. Remembering Occa Berry is a 1 shot item

Any comments or help on these sets would be nice. I'm still not sure about the nature and EV spread.
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

BP : 5420

Back to top Go down

Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival Empty Re: Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival

Post by ethan06 Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:59 am

Glaceon learns Water Pulse, Hidden Power and Signal Beam, making five reasonable special moves - enough for a Specs set. Also, why not try a SubPetaya set? I love SubPinch Berry sets. Something like this:

SubPetaya Glaceon@ Petaya Berry
Timid
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam/HP [Fighting]/HP [Ground]/Water Pulse

I use a SabSalac Leafeon on Shoddy. By the time it gets to 1 HP through Subbing, it normally has about two Swords Dances up. Imagine this: A Leafeon with Flail, +1 Speed, +4 Attack, a Sub and 1 HP. Yes, you can go and lie down. XD
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5687

Back to top Go down

Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival Empty Re: Making Glaceon useful, a secret to survival

Post by Escaped Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I like how Glaceon got a new move in Pt/HG/SS, but Signal beam would be only useful against Dark types (since Shadow Ball super effective against Psychic Types and Ice Beam would get Grass Types). Then I noticed Signal beam would be not very effective against Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Poison, and Steel, so it would be a better choice to use HP or Water Pulse, though those two options leaves you with 65 attack power and below.

Glaceon isn't that fast to pull off a sub and pinch berry like Leafeon. So once Glaceon reaches 33% HP and the berry activates, she might not survive the next turn to use it.
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

BP : 5420

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:58 am

Try Salac and full Speed EVs then.

EDIT: Ooh! I just thought, maybe you could Pass an Agility or something to give it a Speed boost. Think Ninjask, Gliscor, Ambipom.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5687

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down