Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast!

5 posters

Go down

Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! Empty Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast!

Post by Cobthecobbler Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:22 am

Me, xEmmILYx3morex, Golden Ferret, and Quail all went to the Pokemon VGC Tournament in Newark, New Jersey, and I have to say, it was quite something.
We didn't get in, being there was an 800 cap on how many people could register in our division, and there were about 2200 people in front of us, BUT We got special Pokemon Backpacks! (Those backpacks with the strings that you use to open and close it, and it kinda just dangles on your back, not sure what they're called exactly...) They're Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver branded, and they're pretty amazing. That was a prize for showing up :3 I got my Shiny Eevee, and I've reset many times, and It's IV's are as follows: (HP/Attack/Def./Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd) 29/19/25/19/5/31 That's really good in my opinion. This will be in the BP store eventually, so look out for it Very Happy
Now, what you guys have probably been waiting for. Me and Golden Ferret have videos of the tournament! There was a Pikachu mascot there! A dude dressed in a pikachu costume, that is. There were blow-ups of the 3 Johto Starters, battles projected onto TV's, some creepy people, some new friends, and lots of battling! Hopefully Golden Ferret will give me the videos he has so I can make a jumbled VGC Exclusive coverage video for you guys!
I found it kind of creepy how the restroom sign had a picture of Ampharos on it, though.
But anywho, this was a great experience and I hope to do it again soon! One of the people we met there told us there was going to be an unofficial (I believe) Tournament in Albany sometime soon, so who knows where we'll go next Very Happy
But, for any of you out there who may want to go to a tournament, I have some advice for you. Regardless of your morals, use at least one Legendary. Everyone there is going to have at least 1, if not 6. Unless you're extremely confident about your team, use one legendary, it'll help even out the playing field.
Well, video(s) will be up as soon as I can get them all together, I'll post something about it, and that's all for now! Very Happy

Last edited by Cobthecobbler on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

BP : 6086

https://battlefrontier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! Empty Re: Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast!

Post by ethan06 Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:52 am

It will never turn up in Australia, and besides, the only Pokémon that I've even half EVd are a bit iffy... I'm working on a CroTomb atm, and I have absolutely no idea how many Atk and Spd EVs that Feraligatr you gave me has...
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5701

Back to top Go down

Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast! Empty Re: Pokemon VGC Tournament was a blast!

Post by Escaped Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 am

Sounded like a blast, spot any Cleffa/Clefable trainers?

Albany.. I'm assuming NY?
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

BP : 5434

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 am

@Ethan: I believe it's UT, but you should lower them/retrain him just to be sure Very Happy
@Gagargle: Nah, not that I could see Razz And yep, Albany, NY Smile
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Had a fun time there, if only for the experience. (Disappointed we couldn't go to the Nintendo store though) Also I beat Phil when we got back to his house. Very Happy
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

BP : 5263

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Yeah it was awesome Very Happy
Oh by the way, I have better IV's for the Eevee now, editing now.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KingK77 Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 pm

can we see a pic on the backpack so we know what it looks like?
KingK77
KingK77
Admin
Admin

BP : 5579

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:36 am

Cobthecobbler wrote:@Ethan: I believe it's UT, but you should lower them/retrain him just to be sure Very Happy

No, not that, I've started EVing it already. You sent it to me newly hatched, remember? Anyway, I'd kill for one of those Eevee. What's it's nature?
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down