Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
Blinding Power EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
Blinding Power EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
Blinding Power EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
Blinding Power EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
Blinding Power EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
Blinding Power EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
Blinding Power EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
Blinding Power EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
Blinding Power EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

Blinding Power

+2
Escaped
TheGoldenFerret
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blinding Power Empty Blinding Power

Post by TheGoldenFerret Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:37 pm

iuno i needed to come up with a title -shrug-

(This RMT is for generally double battle's, though can be used for singles too, i don't see why not)

So i've noticed in alot of RMTs that people generally base their teams on a single pokemon and work there way up to benefit that pokemon and the entire team at that.

Now that's okay... but that's not how i'll do this RMT.

I've studied up on quite a few of the OU pokemon to decide how i'm going to do this (I picked ou for it's generally small list comared to the other groups)

What i've come up with is a team that makes up some of the fastest pokemon in OU, which to my suprise 4 of the six pokemon i decided to use anyway are in this area

First issue with this team, it's greatest asset could also be it's greatest downfall so i started with

Blinding Power 142
Aerodactyl @ Earth Plate/Stone plate
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Stone Edge
Earthquake

(Stats of intrest:
Base Speed 130
Base Attack 105)

So aerodactyl was long thought to use for me
This was a tough choice between him and frosslass but i chose aerodactyl for it's faster speed overall

Aerodactyl is one of the fastest stealth rock setups in the game which makes him very useful

Now this use can easily go to waste for not only aerodactyl but my whole team. Trick room is my teams biggest fear which is why i have the move taunt to prevent this from happening. Taunt will definitly help and i already know to use taunt if i see ghosts or psychic's since they are benifited greatly from non-attacks

So we got the slow problem out of the way Time to pair up Aerodactyl with a special sweeper who is equally fast.

since aerodactyl's only offense is stone edge, that gives me quite a bother to attack Fighting ground and steel types, fighting types shouldn't be to hard to avoid and rather easy to take out. a ground type couldn't effect aerodactyl anyway so i needed a pokemon that flew or levitate to pair up with it and at the same time could take out steel and fighting types hmmm i think i'll try

Blinding Power 94
Gengar @ Expert Belt
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Embargo/Thunderbolt

(stat's of intrest
SpA 130
Spe 110)

Looky hear Type coverage Gengar and with Expert Belt to boost super effective attacks.

With this gengar can cover
- Fighting
- Poison
- Steel x
- Rock x
- Normal
- Ice x
- Dark
- Ghost
- Psychic

x = Harmful against Aerodactyl
The only types that harm aerodactyl that's not on here is Electric and Water.
Electric is dealth with through EQ So i only have to worry about water.
Not to also mention that gengar covers it's own weakness of psychic ghost and dark.

Now wait a second? why didn't i just give Gengar Thunderbolt to totally help myself... well i thought of that, until i accidentally stumbled upon a move that i havn't used in a while

Embargo, fairly simple attack but for those who don't know it's use, it prevents opponents from using held items or use items on them...

Very Helpful Attack, this could seriously bother enimes using life orb, leftovers ect.

I'm also kind of testing this out to see how well i can use this.

Next on my list, i Decided to pick another Physical attacker, one with also very good speed, it was this pokemon and Gengar that i decided to bring into my already team of four

Blinding Power 461
Weavile @ Focus sash
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Embargo/Dig
Protect

(Stat's of interest
Atk 120
Spe 125)

Very fast and very strong but sadly there his defense sucks... royally focus sash gives me that to defend myself
Ice Punch and Night slash are for Great STAB sweeping while dig can give me a turn of stall[
What i find very useful on Weavile is it's protect, up against opponents like Ambipom or the hitmon's who have fake out i can seriously benefit. also because with focus sash i can get two attacks in even after a 4x damage from a fighting move, so fake out would be bad for him.

Embargo... i put it again as an option, if i really liked it i'd probobly keep it but it's unlikley for weavile because of his defense...

Now to pair weavile up with a special attacker, i have two special attacks which could greatly benifit either way so i picked

Blinding Power 407
Roserade @ choice Scarf
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Hidden power (electric, yes this is 100% not something i'm aiming for since i already have it.)

(Stat's of interest
SpA 125
Spe 90)

ScarfRade... i personally enjoy this despite my hate for most choice set's... but it was a must for me with roserade, It's speed wasn't as high as i'd like it to be which is why i decided to use it, It's been one of my greatest offender's i must say, Paired with Weavile it's very lethal, it's one fear is fire, beyond anything else and sadly a single heatwave could take them both out, But because of it's rather mean Spa i can use Sludge bomb to take out more than 3/4s of it's HP then revenge kill next turn with a Weavile who's been underground already.

Not much is really left to say, i can take out flying types with an HP electric but otherwise what you see is what you get with a choice item pokemon.

Last two pokemon, My crowned jewels if i say so i'll start off with the physical attacker, as per tradition.

Blinding Power 212
Scizor @ Leftovers
Protect
Sword Dance
Bullet bunch
U-turn

(Stat's of intrest
Atk 130
Def 100)

Okaaaaaaaaaay so it's not 100% original but an attack of 198 at level 50 is scary. Also i use him despite his poor speed only because of bullet punch which i use as a main attack, swrod dance once, and i practiclly take out all of most of my opponents health sword dance twice and i can take out a water fire or electric types HP a little more then halfway 3 times and i fear nothing.

Again watchu see is whatchu get here too, no gimmicky moves here just my main physical sweeper.

Finally we get to my main Special sweeper, it's been a favorite sine RBY and i'm proud to say i'm using it once more may i introduce to you:

Blinding Power 135
Jolteon @ Life Orb
Charge beam
Thunderbolt
Light screen
Shadow Ball

-headdesk multiple times- IT KILLS ME... it really does, why jolteon does not have reflect... oh well i don't see it as unusual, just a draw back...

So my main strategy is Light screening to help defend against most fire attack being is half my team is resistant to them....
after light screen i use one or two charge beams just to spice up my SpA
then i hit big with thunderbolt

Shadow ball was really just there to at least use something effective against ground attacks...

Well theres my team, sorry it took forever to read (at least i imagine) but please rate
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

BP : 5417

Back to top Go down

Blinding Power Empty Re: Blinding Power

Post by Escaped Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 am

EDIT:
6/10 for double
5/10 for single

Embargo isn't really a good move. Sure it won't let the opponent use their item for 5 turns, but 5 turns isn't much in the long run. List what I see wrong with Embargo.
-5 turns.
-Knock Off overshadows it in competitive play.
-Really is a waste of move slot for attackers.
-If used on a choice user, they're free of it's down effect.
-Isn't getting it's full potential.
-Might be sacrificial in double battle.

Now If you replace Embargo for Dig on Weavile, bad idea. Dig will take 2 turns, giving the opponent an easy chance to put up a counter.

Light screen on Jolteon with Life Orb to Support other Pokemon. Hmmm.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't depend on tiers so much.

Last edited by Escaped on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : You said to rate, and I'm giving a rating from 1-10. Unless you want me to rate with thumbs up and thumbs down.)
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

BP : 5438

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm

i totally agree on the embargo apsect, it was a test, though i never imagined using knock off, i gave it to my weavile, and gengar i'm giving mean look

Personally i don't see what's wrong with dig cause again weavile has dirt low defenses so it gives him a free turn and it's really hard to counter a weavile with it's speed. dig is only going to be used on fire types i can handle every thing else in a nutshell (cept steel but yeah)

Plus there really isn't too many ways to actually counter a dig.

And i personally love light screen on jolteon i've used it so much and it's helped like you wouldn't belive, life orb doesn't affect him that turn either.
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Well, the problem with Dig is, that it gives the opponent time to switch to a Pokemon who's resistant to it, such as a flying Pokemon. That's why Earthquake is a better choice, even in Double Battles. Pair the EQ User with Aerodactyl, and you hit both enemies for more damage and they don't have a chance to switch out Razz
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

BP : 6090

https://battlefrontier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Okay now stay with me here for a second... a flying type... now if an enemy is THAT STUPID to set up a flying type on the fastest ice type... on the same turn it still can't do anything

oh but what if it's a levitator... weeel most levitators are dragon psychic or ghost so night slash get's them all

P.s getcho self on aim
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:02 pm

They'd bring in something that resists both ground and Ice, if they have it. If not, they'll take the dig, and there is a chance next turn, they'll hit you with earthquake while your underground. Razz
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Escaped Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:17 pm

I wasn't really talking about a counter for dig, but a counter for weavile. Since weavile doesn't get STAB on dig, I wouldn't mind taking 1 hit. Might just leave Ninetales on the field to embrace dig just to use Flamethrower when it comes out. Added note, with that 1 turn to set up dig there's a possibility of someone using a status move.
In the end Weavile is quite fragile when being attacked. When he faces something threatening to him, he should run. He is a weasel afterall Laughing
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Weavile's aim isn't OHKO it's hiding from the enemy that has the most of the threat, and even though it isn't stab it still does a great deal of damage so i'm not too worried
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Escaped Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:11 am

Not much of a hiding spot if we know he'll come out on the next turn. Weavile would actually be running head on to an attack. Kinda the sacrifice just to put a a good amount of damage on a Pokemon.
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 am

Also, I'd like to say something about your little tidbit in the beginning about people trying to cover one or two Pokemon:
It's better to focus a team around a certain Pokemon or two, because then you get to cover your weaknesses, better your strategy, and, A team that works best together and have great synergy together, is a team that you will see come out on top more times than most. I mean, think about it, it's the least you could do, If your team bases around Pokemon that work well alone, sure, you'll win some times, but, say, you have a Team based around Sunny Day. All your Pokemon benefit from it, with Groudon as a lead. This Groudon has infinite sunlight and Solarbeam, you have an Arcanine and an Espeon with Morning Sun, an Umbreon and a Clefable with Moonlight, and a Victreebel with Solarbeam (And Chlorophyll.)
The Arcanine gains a fire boost, and regains 2/3 of it's health from Morning Sun, the Espeon can regain health faster to set up Calm mind, the Umbreon and Clefable have health regeneration capabilities, the Victreebel's Solarbeam wouldn't need a Power herb and you could give it a Life Orb and give it Synthesis to regain 2/3 health each turn in sunlight, and it's speed is doubled due to Chlorophyll. I mean, think of it, a team like this works exceptionally well together, it's just great synergy between the six. Not to mention these Pokemon could cover their weaknesses, just think it through. A Team that doesn't work well together isn't a team, it's a group of dedicated individuals. There is no "I" in team.
Not saying your team doesn't work well together, they cover their weaknesses, just something like the aforementioned would be better.

Last edited by Cobthecobbler on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:46 am

Whoa, I like that a lot. I might quote it into my extended siggy on Marriland, it's that good. Anyway, about Dig... Weavile gets roughly the same, if not better, coverage from a Fighting move (like Low Kick or Brick Break), and best of all it doesn't need a turn of start-up. Say you're up against a Lucario. You Dig to 'hide' from the impending Close Combat, even though it's probably wiser to outspeed and KO with Brick Break. He switches to, say, a Togekiss. You Ice Shard as he switches back to Luke, who takes like the boss he is. You Dig, he Swords Dances, good game.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5705

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:30 pm

you all are falling for the trap that weavile was meant for, your all aiming to find ways to take it out, only finding the flaws for him, meanwhile as weavile is hiding with dig and your all ready to counter i have some way to be able to take you out with my special aatackers, its all about countering and distracting my team, and whoever thinks the can beat me then step up..... once i finished ghastly...
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

All we're saying is the point of hiding for one turn isn't practical. You're more or less going to do better with Earthquake, but whatever, it's your team.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:52 pm

But that's what i want, paired with my gengar it won't do anything, earthquake, so then i just take you out with psychic or focus blast depending on situation
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by animelovers411 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:56 pm

hey

i dont know if this is what you guys are talking about , but when im in a double battle i would use fly from a flying type pokemon and use surf from a water type pokemon because the fly would take two turns and surf would be on that turn - well thats what i remember sorry if i went off topic or something
animelovers411
animelovers411

BP : 5086

http://animelovers411.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Escaped Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm

@animelovers411- I agree Fly could be useful in double battle with the ever common Earthquake and Surf, but Dig, not so much. Dig will still be hit with Earthquake, and TheGoldenFerret presented the team for double battle and single battle. Fly and Dig are really obsolete in Single battles.

But hey, if you insist on going with Dig for you team, go wild.
Your team not mine.

Also, I put back my rating from 1-10 in my other post. No rule that says otherwise.
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:55 pm

What do you mean you put back your rating back?

I've used this team quite sucsessfully, if you want we can battle a little later and you can see this first hand?
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Escaped Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Someone edited out my rating score on my first post.

Hmm, no need to battle to prove anything. Like I said earlier "your team, not my team."
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Why would someone do that?

Fine then just a battle for fun, watchu say?
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by animelovers411 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 pm

it sounds like you guys all play over wifi and stuff thats awesome i dont have those games
animelovers411
animelovers411

BP : 5086

http://animelovers411.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Disalga Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm i the only one that thinks Charge beam AND thunderbolt are not to be used in the same set? Using charge beam is fine if you do not have another elec type attk there. Personally i would use Hidden power, ice or grass if you want an extra attack there.
Disalga
Disalga
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

BP : 5142

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 pm

charge beam is kind of weak, but it has a 63ish% chance to raise special attack after use leading to much stronger sweeping, and it's hidden power is ground, i replaced that with light screen
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Disalga Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 pm

I know what charge beam does, im saying why use another move slot for another elec type attk when you already have one, especially charge beam. And why hidden power ground? Flygon and Gliscor are one of your main problems using a jolteon, not to mention ground would only allow you to hit the pokemon that are hit by shadowball and charge beam.

Oh and its a 70% chance
Disalga
Disalga
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm

well my jolteon has amazing special attack power so usually shadowball will at least 2HKO gliscor if anything

and also HP ground is good for aggron and mostly all other electric types since pokemon like electivire hold earthquakem, so HP ground will OHKO it (it's got a power of like x > 80 so it's worth it too) not to mention that's just how it came and i'm not arguing, it's worked really well on my team
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Disalga Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Well since aggron is somewhat fragile in the SpD portion, a shadow ball will also 2HKO it. As for the other, since you left out ice/grass, swamperts, flygons, gliscors ,and mamoswines are just waiting to KO you. But i joined this forum to get more exposure to this stuff, so its all good
Disalga
Disalga
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next