Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
Battle Frontier Rules and Registration EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

Battle Frontier Rules and Registration

5 posters

Go down

Battle Frontier Rules and Registration Empty Battle Frontier Rules and Registration

Post by Cobthecobbler Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Battle Frontier Rules and Registration Bffbf
Welcome to our little Battle Frontier. This is where you, Admins, Moderators, and Members alike, will proceed to register for our Battle Frontier. In order to participate in the Battle Frontier, we need to know that you're going to be participating. Upon registration, your name will be added to a list of participants.

To Apply to be a Frontier Brain, You must be available most of the week and have access to WiFi, and you must have a specific Strategy or Type for your team. I recommend a specific Strategy or Tactic to use, in order to make the battles more difficult. You can use any strategy or type, so long as it hasn't been chosen already. Some Strategies include but are not limited to:
  • Trick Room
  • Rain
  • Hail
  • Sandstorm
  • Sunny Day
  • Stalling
  • Balanced Pokemon Team
  • Skill Swap
  • Baby Pokemon

Also, your team must consist of at least 6, and at most 8 Pokemon, your 6 Main Pokemon and 2 Substitutes. And finally, you must create a Battle Facility, you can name your own or choose an in-game one, doesn't matter.

You must also fill out this form, and PM IT TO ME, a Medal will be made for you, and there are up to 8 Slots open.
Code:
[center][size=18][b][i]F[color=red]RONTIER BRAIN[/color][/i][/b][/size][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Strategy or Monotype?[/b] [Select one]
[b]What is the strategy/type?[/b]
[b]How many Pokemon you are using:[/b]
[b]The first six Pokemon are:[/b]
[b]Two Substitutes are (Optional): [/b]
[b]Battle Facility:[/b]
[b]How much of the week are you available, and how many hours a day?[/b]

Once you have submitted your form, please wait for an admin/mod to contact you via PM, you will not be PM'd if you are not accepted.

In Registering to be a trainer, in which you will strive to defeat the Frontier Brains, you must fill out a Registration form, and you must wait until your name is added to the list of Participants before proceeding to battle. You must have access to WiFi in order to battle, and your Friend Code must either be in your Profile or Signature, this makes it easier for Brains to find your Friend Code, and it avoids confusion. You must also promise to be honest, and not 'acquire' a medal you have not won legitimately.

Once you are a Registered participant, you will be added to a group within the forum, being added to this group makes it so that you can view and post within the Battle Frontier subforum. When you have defeated a Frontier Brain, you may copy the Medal's image URL, you may Save the Image and upload it to your own host, whatever you want, so long as you DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE IMAGE, and put it in your Signature, a topic showcasing your achievements, an Extended Signature, etc etc... The Secret Word is Albatross. If you would like to register, you will need to fill out this form:
Code:
[center][b][i][size=18][color=green]PARTICIPANT[/color][/size][/i][/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Friend Code:[/b]
[b]Secret Word:[/b]
[b]Favorite Pokemon:[/b]

A Special Rank will be assigned to anyone who can defeat all of the Frontier Brains, "Frontier Master." This special Rank is Optional (Especially if you're a Mod or Admin and want to keep that as your rank), and if you choose not to have it as your rank, you can PM me, and I will give you an image to put in your signature.

That is all.

Last edited by Cobthecobbler on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

BP : 6075

https://battlefrontier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle Frontier Rules and Registration Empty Re: Battle Frontier Rules and Registration

Post by FerretFox41 Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm

May I make a suggestion? Instead of having, say, rain, sandstorm, hail, and sun all be different types, would it possibly work better to have just one expert on the different weathers, so that it's not as easy to predict the kind of team the brain will have?

And shouldn't they not tell the person their Pokemon, so that, you know... they don't already know their team? That makes it kind of easy to counter team.

And for monotypes, could we have it to where they can have multiple different monotype teams, just so that they can't easily know what type of Pokemon they're using?

Sorry for all the nitpickiness, just want to make this super extremely epically awesome.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

BP : 5163

http://www.uberleethax.worldgoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Battle Frontier Rules and Registration Empty Re: Battle Frontier Rules and Registration

Post by Quail Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 pm

How do we choose a Facility if things like the Battle Factory are impossible to recreate? Do we just come up with our own?
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

BP : 5252

Back to top Go down

Post by levi506 Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I'd say with the battle factory the brain must raise pokemon there own the pepole come to do the Facility with 3 pokemon and trade for the other pokemon then the leaves brian and you trade with your oponnet when you win and move on chose 3 random pokemon and prehare for battle. Very Happy  (brain bomb) bom

pm me for battle

Last edited by levi506 on Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
levi506
levi506
Psychic
Psychic

BP : 5227

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:39 pm

I didn't understand any of that.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by levi506 Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Just rise 50 pokemon with moves that you want then trade to other people then trade back at the end
levi506
levi506
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm

That will take forever, not to mention that still doesn't explain how we'll recreate Battle Castle and Battle Arcade.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by levi506 Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 pm

No I mean thouth tms and the battle casle will near impposible and so is the battle acade
levi506
levi506
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 am

Okay, the idea behind this is not recreating the facilities themselves, but by issuing 'New leadership" Over the facilities. Seeing as we cannot recreate the exact facility, think of this. If your Pokemon are, say, a Balanced team, the facility that appeals to it more would be the Battle Tower. If you have a weather team, this could appeal to the Battle Arcade, seeing as though weather is a possibility. As for the Factory, a Type-covering team seems like it would fit. Do you get where I'm going?

Also, regarding Ferret's question, Regarding weather, I'd like to give more room for other teams, so each one is separate, but if no one else claims a weather team by the end of Sign-ups, then by all means rotate your team. Also, the reason I ask for teams, is so that I know if you'll make a suitable Brain. Posting it here would provide other's to counter it, but by the time the thing starts, this topic will have had been deleted.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by levi506 Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 am

I'd rather be a substitute for when people are away from home I'd just have to raise a team for every facility but I'm up for the challenge. Smile

Last edited by levi506 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
levi506
levi506
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 am

How is there going to be 8 Brains if there's only 5 Facilities?

Also I think it would be better if everyone PMs their information (mainly Brains).
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 am

That can be arranged, but we should hold off on that, why not register for your own facility?
@Quail, don't forget Pokemon Emerald.
EDIT: All Brains must PM me their information.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by levi506 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 am

That what I thought.
levi506
levi506
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

Doesn't seem like the Emerald exclusive Brains have any real coherent theme/strategy.

Battle Pike: Serpent-like Pokemon
Battle Arena: No idea
Battle Palace: No idea (assuming this was replaced by Battle Castle)
Battle Pyramid: Legendary Golems/Birds

It's been forever since I played Emerald so I hardly remember the BF from it.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 am

Which mean's they can house any strategy, does it not? :3
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 am

Ehh, kind of lame if you ask me. I personally think it would be cooler to come up with original Facility names/themes.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by levi506 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 am

Yeah in all Pokemon games all opponents had all diffident strategy and what I have learn from emerald the palace you can only use natural learned moves. Very Happy
levi506
levi506
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 am

Alright, if that's what you guys want, I'll let you name your own Facility Very Happy
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 am

Dibs on Battle Dimension.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:39 am

Form. OP. Nao.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:08 am

Oh, so are you rehauling my idea? That's nice, I'd like to be the Brain of the Arcade again plox, easier to use an existing one than to type out an entire list of rules. Razz Sign-up pending.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5690

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 am

Cobthecobbler wrote:
To apply to be a Frontier Brain, You must be available most of the week and have access to WiFi

Hang on... never mind, I can't get on WiFi at all except for Sundays and even then it's a stretch...
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5690

Back to top Go down

Post by FerretFox41 Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 am

And plus, couldn't we just make up our own strategy?

And if you want, and this might sound kind of weird, but, we could make one account on here called, say, "Battle Frontier", and then we could use that to do things like making the topics, or updating which brains' records are what, or something like that.

I don't know if you like that kind of idea, but... I think it might work pretty well.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

BP : 5163

http://www.uberleethax.worldgoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Well, Ferret, what I was going to do was add everyone who's participating to a specific Usergroup, and Brains to another Usergroup, giving each ones different permissions, such as Participants will only be able to post in certain topics, while Brains will be able to create Topics, but in a subforum for the Battle Frontier, that I'm gonna make once we get all the brains. Also, you do make up your own strategy, hence '...Include but are not limited to...", I just wanted to give some ideas.

Also, Ethan, yeah you have to be available on WiFi most of the week, I'm sorry Sad
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down