Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets!

+3
Cobthecobbler
FerretFox41
Espeon
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! Empty Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets!

Post by Espeon Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:48 pm

This topic, I hope,will help to make the RMT thread a creative place. Here we go!
Gallade@
EVs:252 Sp Def,252 Spd,6 Hp
~Hypnosis
~Will-o-wisp
~Close combat/Thunder wave
~Psycho cut/Stone edge

This is a kind of tankish set. That high base Sp Def stat is a good stat, which this set takes advantage of. Hypnosis, with a debatebly low accuracy may not work, but is a core move to put Foes to sleep and stop them. Will-o-wisp helps greatly against Scizor and Physical sweepers. The next two moves are up to you; do you want more support or another physical attack? You decide.

Espeon -Espeon

Last edited by FerretFox41 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed up grammar, stickied.)
Espeon

BP : 5092

Back to top Go down

Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! Empty Re: Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets!

Post by FerretFox41 Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Err, this is kind of a gimmicky Bibarel set, I came up with it, but I never really use it, but one of you might be able to make good use of it...

Bibarel @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Defense/4 HP
Ability: Simple
-Curse
-Amnesia
-Waterfall
-Return

This is a somewhat tank-ish set. Switch in after a Poke's death on a special attacker, preferrably someone slow, and get in an Amnesia. Your Bibarel is now at 3x Special Defense. Use a Curse when the special attacker switches out, your beaver is now at 3x Special Defense and 2x Attack and Defense. From there, you're pretty bulky, so you can continue to set up, or proceed to sweep from there. I tested one team with this, and it worked out pretty well in UU competitive playing.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

BP : 5161

http://www.uberleethax.worldgoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets! Empty Re: Invent-A-Set! For Your New, Never-Before-Seen Movesets!

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, here's just one of the most annoying pokemon you'll face, in theory of course.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers/Damp Rock/Big Root - Modest | Rain Dish
EVs - 252 HP | 252 Sp. Atk | 4 Sp. Def
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance
-Giga Drain

Well, this set mainly is to annoy the opponent. First, you'd substitute, obviously. Then, you'd set up Rain Dance, and then Leech Seed. This will give you, with Leftovers, a good amount of HP at the end of Every Turn.
If you opt for a Damp Rock, you have 3 extra turns for Giga Drain, which with STAB + A heavy investment in SpA, can prove to be an excellent attack with a nice bonus afterwards.
If you opt for a big root, that would give Giga Drain that extra "Oomf" it may or may not need.

I have yet to try this, but in theory, it sounds like it'd piss a lot of players off.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

BP : 6073

https://battlefrontier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 am

Magmortar @Fosus Sash//Nature: Mild
Nickname: NoESC [Becuase the oppenent can't escape]
Full, MAX EV trained on Sp. Attack for some wild fire type moves. If not MAX EV trained SP. Attack, 80% there and 20% Attack. [Physical]
Magmortar is a heavy Pokemon, as seen and known by first-time-see in anime I know its a Pokemon who needs Sp. Attack becuase fire type moves are Special and becuase by veiwing his cannon there you know its a Special Attack-growing Pokemon. That means when you bring the Pokemon 100Lv. without EV training it will the Sp. Attack stat will be the highest. So let's rock, let's EV it on Sp. Attack to go higher!! Razz
Now, with the moveset.
-Confuse Ray [Meaning why we named him like that] [Using first, if not hit first and the oppenent hits, we have focus sash.] The foe's Pokemon get's confused. Now let's start attacking but depends on the Pokemon
-Earthquake [I know it's not completely EV'd on Attack but we need it for fighting type Pokemon, steel, rock and some more.] Now the foe's Pokemon is confused, so we hope he changes (impossible) or he hits to his self.
-Fire Blast [There for Pokemon super-effective to.] Depends if to use Earthquake or Fire Blast by the known things we already said. Used only in start, if left red-coroured HP [little HP] prefer using Flamethrower (See above why).
Flamethrower: Oh yea. If our oppenent's Pokemon is going to loose, don't waste PP of Fire Blast's or Earthquake's that are greater moves. Use Flamethrower!
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

BP : 5190

https://www.youtube.com/dragonzekrom

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:52 am

Why can't it escape? Give it Fire Spin over Flamethrower: It's not really necessary to have both, and Fire Spin has the trapping effect. Okay, here;s one I posted on Marriland, it's just been rated:

SubLansat Drapion @ Lansat Berry
Adamant
252 Atk/216 Spd/40 HP
Sniper
-Substitute
-Night Slash
-Cross Poison
-Swords Dance

For those who don't know, Lansat is a pinch berry that boosts crit ratio. Just a little thing I thought of that may or may not work. Sub down, Swords Dancing if the Sub doesn't break, until the Lansat Berry is activated. Then go nuts with Night Slash. Brick Break breaks screens and (hopefully) Registeel.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5688

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 am

@Ethan
Its hard. using confuse ray will have a ratio on hurting the other Pokemon. So think of changing Pokemon [if needed and wanted]. Put's up a Gyragdos and...

GYRAGDOS @Leftovers//Nature should be Modest
Nickname: FireBreath - Or Fire
The name is to trick others. There won't be an fire-type move in the Gyragdos. Immidently the user will change Pokemon. We hope he doesn't. Well, both are okay becuase we have combos and tactics for both things that may happen. Basically, the user will think that Gyragdos has Heat Wave [Becuase all flying-type Pokemon can learn this move] a Special-Attack needen. Still, see bellow about EV train, this Gyragdos will not be trained on Special Attack.
EV: 35% EV train on Attack and 65 on Speed. Just for one thing. Start using Dragon Dance. [See bellow why]. That will make the user change Pokemon for sure. If he doesn't there's not problem a Waterfall and he will faint. [See bellower]
Moves:
Dragon Dance - Start using it 2-3 times to scare the oppenent. If he doesn't get's scared he will start attacking. No problem! Start attacking too. We have three attacks different type each of them! If he doesn't gets scared, start using the attack you must use, depends on the foe's Pokemon.
Waterfall: Now, used the Dragon Dances some times or not, let's attack!
Bounce: If he put's there a grass type Pokemon to think he is brave, finish him with bounce. It's a 2 turns move so it doesn't matter if he changes. We have two other moves then. If he put's a Ghost type Pokemon where you can't use anything, use or Hidden Power or Waterfall.
Hidden Power: Used if super-effective. The type, is your choise.

Moves
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by FerretFox41 Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:32 am

The nature on that Gyarados should not be modest. Modest raises Sp. Atk and lowers Atk. If you're going to use Waterfall and Bounce, you don't want to lower Atk.

Also, there's no point in Hidden Power when you could use Earthquake, Stone Edge, or, heck, even Ice Fang.

Plusle @ Salac Berry
Nature: Timid
Ability: Plus
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Nasty Plot
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power Ice

This set is kind of basic, but with use on an NU Pokemon. Substitute up on a slow Pokemon, Nasty Plotting if you can, until you get to 25% health. That's where the fun starts. From there, you can proceed to sweep at +6 Speed and +Whatever Special Attack.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:44 am

Like this?

Walrein @ Leftovers
EV's 252 in SpA and Spe

Modest

Super Fang
Brine
Protect
Encore

Superfang cuts the enemies HP in half while brine works double damage when the opponent has half or less hp
protect and Encore are optional choices i decided to put up

TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

BP : 5400

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Oops forgot. I mean the one that raises Atk. Razz
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm

That gyarados should be Adamant, Zekrom :3
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:50 pm

TheGoldenFerret wrote:Like this?

Walrein @ Leftovers
EV's 252 in SpA and Spe

Modest

Super Fang
Brine
Protect
Encore

Superfang cuts the enemies HP in half while brine works double damage when the opponent has half or less hp
protect and Encore are optional choices i decided to put up

Good job taking my idea.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

BP : 5250

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm

SHHH no one's supposed to know that >.>
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 am

▪•Zekrom•▪ wrote:@Ethan
Its hard. using confuse ray will have a ratio on hurting the other Pokemon. So think of changing Pokemon [if needed and wanted]. Put's up a Gyragdos and...

GYRAGDOS @Leftovers//Nature should be Modest
Nickname: FireBreath - Or Fire
The name is to trick others. There won't be an fire-type move in the Gyragdos. Immidently the user will change Pokemon. We hope he doesn't. Well, both are okay becuase we have combos and tactics for both things that may happen. Basically, the user will think that Gyragdos has Heat Wave [Becuase all flying-type Pokemon can learn this move] a Special-Attack needen. Still, see bellow about EV train, this Gyragdos will not be trained on Special Attack.
EV: 35% EV train on Attack and 65 on Speed. Just for one thing. Start using Dragon Dance. [See bellow why]. That will make the user change Pokemon for sure. If he doesn't there's not problem a Waterfall and he will faint. [See bellower]
Moves:
Dragon Dance - Start using it 2-3 times to scare the oppenent. If he doesn't get's scared he will start attacking. No problem! Start attacking too. We have three attacks different type each of them! If he doesn't gets scared, start using the attack you must use, depends on the foe's Pokemon.
Waterfall: Now, used the Dragon Dances some times or not, let's attack!
Bounce: If he put's there a grass type Pokemon to think he is brave, finish him with bounce. It's a 2 turns move so it doesn't matter if he changes. We have two other moves then. If he put's a Ghost type Pokemon where you can't use anything, use or Hidden Power or Waterfall.
Hidden Power: Used if super-effective. The type, is your choise.

Moves

1: I meant use this moveset:
-Confuse Ray
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Fire Spin
-HP [Ice] (unless it's mixed, EQ isn't always good for Magmortar)

2: Gyarados can't learn Heat Wave, not to mention that it has no physical Fire moves (Sure, it has Fire Blast, but who uses special moves on a Gyara?)
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:29 am

Im new here. Razz

Whatever, I have a Calm nature Nidoking [-.-] I know its not good, can someone make a moveset for it?
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:14 am

Why Zekrom you are in luck, i am, myself, a nidoking trainer, and although i am more fixed with the mixed attacker nidoking i can try to make you a set

Sped. up eh? that would be good if attack were down but let me see what i can do

Well a definite attack for nidoking is earthpower , i use it quite often so that's a yes. - Lv. 43

Now you choose between ice beam, thunder bolt, or flamethrower or there more advanced forms blizzard fireblast thunder... - TM

Also a move i've grown fond with is focus blast, it's a very good counter and will normal damage alot of pokemon you normally couldn't affect - TM

The last one was rather trickey, i would have said to use flatter, which raises the foes special attack to confuse it, but you need to have had nidoran at level 38 to get it, so how about super fang
super fang despite all defense or special defense and typing will always do half damage to your enemy, this is great to use to start a battle, but to use it u need to tutor it at the battle frontier so a good replacement should be water pulse or one of the other attacks from the second options i mentioned above all which are TMed
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:46 am

Well, A combination between T-Bolt and Ice beam would be best, being as it hits every pokemon in OU for at least normal damage.

If you're training it in Sp. Atk, and using these two moves, another Two choices would be Focus Blast and, if the last one is up to you, I'd go with Reflect, this way you have more of a chance staying in battle.

Nidoking@ Leftovers/Life Orb - Poison Point | Calm
252 HP | 252 Sp. Atk | 4 SpD
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Reflect

How's that?
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:09 pm

GoldenFerret and Cob thanks for help!
It will be:
Item: Focus Sash [Truly I love this thing Razz]
EV: MAX Special Attack
Moves:
Megahorn
Earth Power
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse

Nice?

Edit: I do something in my AR and I get Magmortars 5Lv, so everytime I beat him I get 1-3 EV point[s]. How many should I beat? And then should I EV him on something else?
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Megahorn and Earth Power are Physical, right? So they wouldn't do much at all if you train in Sp.Attack, I'm not making you, but a BoltBeam combo would be best here Razz
EDIT: If you want to use those, then have 252 in Attack and 252 Sp. Atk.
There are 510 possible EVs to put into one pokemon, so you can max out both these stats Very Happy

EDIT2: If you are using a Power Lens and Pokerus, it shouldn't be many battles at all. :3
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm using Power lens and so.
EarthPower is Physical, thanks, I forgot Cob.
Nop, it doesn't have Pokerus.
Thanks again Cob, I will EV it half Attack and half Sp.Attack.
^^
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by FerretFox41 Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 pm

... Earth Power is Special.
FerretFox41
FerretFox41

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Oh damn, it is Special. This is embarrassing, haha :P
Well, Megahorn is still a physical move. So the investment in Attack would be extremely useful, either way :3
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGoldenFerret Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 pm

No way don't stick with mega horn, always use as much bang for your buck, u should really train in special attack speed and HP or defense on the last one mifght i try suggesting

252 SpA
252 Spe
and 4 hp/def

and i really wouldn't use dragon pulse, it's alright but having an ice move would be more effective since it not only affects dragon but grass flying and rock too and ice beam is 95 whi,e dragon pulse is 90
TheGoldenFerret
TheGoldenFerret

Back to top Go down

Post by ▪•Zekrom•▪ Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Okay then!

Edit:
EV'd my Nidoking at Sp. Attack. I will train him now to Speed becuase Sp. Attack wont go higher becuase I EV trained him for one level on Magmortars with holding Power Lens (Or whatever its called, the one that gives Sp.Attack) and it went 2. Before that level it went 7.
That means I will start on Speed now. Stats: [12:34 GMT-2]
HP: 74
DEF: 69
Sp.ATK: 95
Sp.DEF: 75
SPD: 65
Nidoking is 36Lv.
▪•Zekrom•▪
▪•Zekrom•▪
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:54 am

Cobthecobbler wrote:Well, A combination between T-Bolt and Ice beam would be best, being as it hits every pokemon in OU for at least normal damage.

Except for Magnezone.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 pm

ethan06 wrote:
Cobthecobbler wrote:Well, A combination between T-Bolt and Ice beam would be best, being as it hits every pokemon in OU for at least normal damage.

Except for Magnezone.
This is true. :3
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum